Employing people who are distanced from the job market has a permanent place within Indaver's business practice in the Netherlands. There are three underlying motivations:
- the moral duty in terms of corporate-social responsibility,
- the agreements set out in the 2013 Social Agenda (Sociaal Akkoord), arising from the Participation Act (Participatiewet),
- customers' repeated requests to make room within the contracted service provision to employ people who are distanced from the job market.
By 2026, Indaver in the Netherlands must fill 3% of its staffing needs (7 positions) with people who are distanced from the job market. This could be either within our own company or on secondment.
Indaver does not pass up any opportunity to employ people who are distanced from the job market. However, having numerous sites with efficient small teams does not make it easy to find space in our own organisation. Locus, our partner in sustainable, inclusive business practices, is supporting and guiding us through a number of pilot schemes. In addition, we are focusing our efforts on:
- collaborating with social employment companies,
- opportunities within our own organisation,
- opportunities and involvement with our suppliers to make a contribution.
In 2017, together with our partners, our main commitment was to produce demonstrable reports on employment. Preserving privacy was a priority.